How are custom works priced?
Prices start at a base number and packages are customizable to your preferences.
Every custom piece starts at the base price of $1,000 and includes:
An initial consultation and brainstorming conversation (free of charge), labor costs for design planning, translation of custom English text, and labor costs for production of the final piece. **
Ala carte design options:
Handwritten BSP standard texts: add $200
Handwritten custom text: add $400
Materials not on hand: Client pays for costs, prices are variable
Ala carte display and framing options (for more info about framing please contact BSP directly):
Simple foam board mounting: $20
Frame with standard glass by Hoofprint Chicago: prices vary based on size of artwork and type of frame
Frame with UV protective glass by Hoofprint Chicago: prices vary based on size of artwork and type of frame
Ala carte shipping options:
Pick up from the artist's studio by appointment: Free of charge
Delivery in the Chicagoland area: add $25
Standard (secure protective packaging, includes tracking number): add $35
Premium (includes tracking number and insurance): add $45
International: add $55
**After the 2 included design consultations, additional artistic or creative consultations and alterations to the work after a final sketch is agreed upon, and that are not due to a mistake by BSP are charged to the client at the rate of $35/hour.
What is the process and timeline for creating a custom artwork with BSP?
I invite you to engage in an open ended creative conversation! Consultations and two design planning sessions are included in the base package price.** Please allow for a minimum of 4-6 months notice from start to finish to work on custom pieces. Rush orders can often be accommodated for an additional charge of $100-$200 depending on timing and demand.
Here's how the process works:
1. The client reaches out to express interest in working with BSP on developing a custom work of art.
2. Given that BSP is available in the necessary timeline, we set up an initial creative consultation. Once we decide to work together, BSP shares price quote and work contract along with timeline agreement.
3. Client sends the initial deposit. Once that is received, sketches will begin. Within 2-3 weeks or as otherwise agreed upon, the client receives 5-10 initial sketches.
4. Composition, format, and design details are agreed upon. BSP sends a tighter version of the sketch. Upon client approval, production of the final work begins.**
5. When the work is complete, BSP sends the final invoice and client makes payment. Work is either sent to the framer and/or packaged and shipped!
**After your initial 2 consultations, additional artistic or creative consultations and alterations to the work that are not due to a mistake by BSP are charged to the client at the rate of $35/hour.
What should I use to sign my ketubah?
BSP is focused on creating high quality artworks that combine the poetics of language with elegant imagery that speaks to the client. Materials and processes are constantly evolving, and I am always working to learn new skills. Up to this point I have worked with the following processes:
-Handwritten calligraphy (Hebrew and English)
-Screen printed text
-Printmaking (Screen printing, Lithography, Chine Collé/Collage, Painted Monoprints)
-Detailed paper cutting
Interested in a technique that you don't see on the list? Just ask!
What style or technique does BSP work in?
What is a BSP
"Limited Edition Print"?
Limited Edition Prints are artworks that BSP has pre-designed (not custom made), or editions that are already produced. These artworks require custom text additions, or sometimes nothing at all, to be finished and ready for framing.